Call for Participants
MGPS is a joint training program between Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta – Indonesia and Perdana Global Peace Foundation – Malaysia. The program is designed to bring together young social activists, peace makers, NGOs volunteers, and postgraduate students from Southeast Asian countries and beyond who are interested in peace and conflict resolution to work together and develop their knowledge to be active peace makers. MGPS is an interactive and exciting peace training program exposing you with the dynamics of war and communal conflicts taking place in Southeast Asia and beyond.
MGPS lets participants to explore a-wide range of cases, formulate strategic peace action plan, as well as build and strengthen future partnership in promoting global peace. The program equips you with a wide-range of knowledge in understanding issues such as global conflict, conflict management, peacemaking strategic proposal, humanitarian intervention, human rights, interfaith and inter-cultural dialogue, post-conflict communication skills, and borders-migration issues, justice, prosperity and global citizen.
- The call for participants is open to young social activists, peace makers, NGOs volunteers, and postgraduate students from Southeast Asian countries and beyond.
- Participants are responsible for their own domestic and international travel expenses. However, MGPS provides housing, meals and local transport during ten days course in Indonesia.
- The participants will be selected based on certain criteria while geographical, gender and experiential balance among participants also taking into consideration.
25 Nov – 5 December 2016
All programmes of the 5th MGPS 2016 will be conducted at Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY), Yogyakarta – Indonesia
- An online application
- Applicants’ short CV (max. 300 words),
- One (1) page Letter of Motivation
- A recommendation letter
- All documents above must be submitted online via http://mgps.umy.ac.id/registration/ no later than October 30, 2016.
If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
- Jalan Lingkar Selatan, Tamantirto, Kasihan, Bantul, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Phone:+62274 387656 (283)
- Fax: +62274 387646
- Email: email@example.com
Perdana Global Peace Foundation
- 5th Floor, No. 88, Jalan Perdana, Taman Tasek Perdana, 50480, Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +603 2092 7248
- Fax: +603 2273 2092